Subject: Re: NFS problems on NetBSD 1.6
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Finnegan <pat@computer-refuge.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/29/2004 00:11:01
Lord Isildur declared on Thursday 28 October 2004 07:07 pm:
> hmm. Maybe when i bring my 4k600 back into the living room i'll try to
> poke this a bit..
>
> isildur
>
> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Alex White wrote:
> > It used to happen to me pretty-much whenever I netbooted. At the
> > time I was mostly using 1.5.2, and I found it fatal nearly all the
> > time. The machine would loop for an indeterminate amount of time,
> > outputting "ze0: xmit logic died" until it shook itself out of it,
> > or I gave up and turned the machine off. The machine used to live on
> > a semi-busy home network with 3 users' Internet pakets passing on
> > the same wire.
> >
> > Sorry to be of such little help - the lack of repeatability or
> > identifiable triggers is what made me give up in the first place.

As per "repeatability", I seem to have very good "luck" with it being
repeatable.  For now, I've shoved a DELQA card in the machine, so that
the machine is at least *usable*.

If anyone wants another system to test on, I can probably help out...

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        --- http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/