Subject: SCSI Target Mode
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/19/2004 08:41:14
does anyone remember the discussions we had a ways back about this?  mostly
our purposes were to get IP working on SCSI to use the SCSI busses of the
VAXstation class machines as network interfaces.

does anyone know off-hand if target mode is supported on any netbsd platform
at all?  i'd love to be able to build a raidframe volume out of something
cheap like IDE or SATA and offer that as a "disk" via scsi to something like
say, my 4000/90.

is this possible?  this would solve a couple other situations for me as well,
like using VMS, where SATA is as of yet unsupported.

-brian
--
"The cats tend to administer themselves, and contrary to the expected facts,
the house and everything in it was installed for their benefit."   -- Nic Clews