Subject: Re: awk dumping core on -current snapshot
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/17/2004 18:58:26
On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 10:11:28AM -0600, Michael L. Hitch wrote:
>   A different workaround is to provide a patch to adjust the MANIFEST
> entry causing the problem:

I built a patch much like yours, and the little Vax seems much happier.
I won't know for sure for a while yet (as it compiles rather slowly),
but it made it past the point where it used to die.

>   And it got past the awk command again, so the patch gets around the
> problem - at least until something else feed "NaN" to awk.
>
>   The real fix is to deal with the reserved operand fault better.

True enough.  Now that I can build mit-krb5 my own short-term needs are
met, for which I give many thanks to you :-)

-T

--
Semiology has taught us that myth has the task of giving an historical
intention a natural justification, and making contingency appear eternal.