Subject: Re: Problems installing php4 on a VS4000/60
To: Charles H. Dickman <chd_1@nktelco.net>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.club.cc.cmu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/11/2004 11:40:51
hmm, calls is a weird thing to barf out on. i can easily imagine either a
vax/ieee fp issue, or an fp emulation issue (for things like the infamous
emodd, etc) can you try to recompile some of the involved code yourself
(assuming you were using binaries built elsewhere)?
a little while back there was mention of fp emulation which should always
be enabled, which someone had had some fun because it was disabled...
thats a thing of the kernel config.

is the problem reproducible?
i've had lots of strange crashes on a vs4000/60 due to bad memory, and i
get an impression from here and there that the 4k60 is especially
sensitive to such issues.

just stabbing in the dark,
isildur