Subject: Re: VAXStation 4000/90 Hard drive options
To: Mark Wickens <m.wickens@rhodium-consulting.com>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/02/2004 14:04:20
Hi,

> I'd like to know what the maximum drive size is that I can attach to my VAX.
> I've never been given a definitive answer, but many people appear to have had
> success with drives larger than those 'officially' declared supported. I will
> be running OpenVMS.

I have a 50 gig Seagate drive connected with an SCA adapter. There's an
issue about the boot slice needing to be in the beginning of the disk, and
therefore some limit on the size of the boot slice, but other than that,
so long as you're running NetBSD, there should not be any kind of limit.
That's one of the nice things about SCSI.

John Klos