Subject: Re: awk dumping core on -current snapshot
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/30/2004 16:25:34
On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:07:28PM -0700, Hugh Graham wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:49:24PM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> > And it is indeed not built in GENERIC:
> >
> > [root@lapislazuli /usr/src/sys/arch/vax/conf]# grep NO_INSN_EMULATE GENERIC
> > #options        NO_INSN_EMULATE # CPU does not lack some hardware instructions.
>
> It's there. It's just so much default that you need an option
> to turn it off!

Ohhh! Wow, I need to go home and get some sleep. I totally missed the
"NO_". Heh, my apologies :-)

That leaves me not knowing why awk dumps core (leaving many ports
unbuildable, including mit-krb5 (the one port I really want)). I'll go
back and see if I can isolate that problem.

-T

--
"The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions."
    -- Susan Sontag