Subject: Re: Looking for various LCSPX model strings
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: David Kuder <dcgrendel@cox.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/16/2004 13:23:47
Actually a quite good solution is to use someone else's MX, then use
pop3, imap, or uucp to get your mail from them to your local MX, which
you can run any mailer you wish, I've done this for quite a while using
fetchmail, exim, spamassassin, cyrus imap, and squirrelmail
fetchmail grabs the mail via pop3 from your isp, exim runs it through
spamassassin then pushes it into the mailbox/maildirs cyrus serves em up
to squirrelmail. or squirrel can alternativly be setup to use local
mailboxes now i belive.
squirrel also has many plugins that make it way more than simple webmail.
I suggest anyone having MX problems try this out. just be sure of your
setup by running some messages to the local MX and checking you get them
through ok. I lost about 4 emails when setting up my stuff due to
misconfiguring exim. setting up fetchmail is the last step in the
process. your local smtp server should be the first. then imap &
squirrel, spamassassin last