Subject: Re: HOWTO: Install to local disk on a netbooted 4000/60?
To: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/16/2004 16:00:31
--8Y8a5CJOPM/zJV44

On Fri, 2004-07-16 15:19:45 +0200, ragge@ludd.luth.se <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
wrote in message <200407161319.PAA23453@father.ludd.luth.se>:
> > But then, is goes down there (this is (seems to me), it tries to install
> > the base.tgz):
> A hint would be to try to install a 2.0 BETA (or -current!) instead.
> Get it from
> ftp://releng.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-2-0/200407090000/vax/
> where it is autobuilt a few times each week.

Will try that.

> And at last, please don't confuse disklabel and fdisk, they edit two=20
> very different tables:
>=20
> - The fdisk program modifies only the DOS MBR and exist (almost) only=20
>   on x86 machines.
> - disklabel edits the BSD disk label which is used on all architectures
>   and specifies how the disk partitions are.

Well, there are some "fdisk" programs out there that are capable of
exiting not only DOS MBR like partition layouts. Eg. the fdisk that
comes along with util-linux can also work on disklabels...

MfG, JBG

--=20
    fuer einen Freien Staat voll Freier B=FCrger" | im Internet! |   im Ira=
k!
   ret =3D do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(NEW_COPYRIGHT_LAW | DRM | TC=
PA));

--8Y8a5CJOPM/zJV44

--8Y8a5CJOPM/zJV44--