Subject: Re: Looking for various LCSPX model strings
To: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/15/2004 18:36:33
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:11:29 +0200
Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de> wrote:

> Don't be your own MX then, but let it deliver to a "real" MX and post
> messages by sending them to your ISP's relay. That's IMHO The Right
> Thing (TM).
In theory yes. But in practice some of the "real MX" hosts are brain
dead as they e.g. don't allow ssh shell login to the mail host for
reading mail via elm(1), pine(1), mutt(1), ... or what ever. If you are
"in luck" you have some web mail thing, that is unusable with anything
else then InternetExploder...

No thank you, I want to be root on my primary MX.

It is time for IPv6 to get rid of the limited IPv4 address space. Enough
fixed addesses for everyone. ;-)
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen