Subject: Re: Looking for various LCSPX model strings
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/15/2004 20:14:14
Hello,

>    You don't have to be a dick about it, Blaz.  It's not an ideological

Look Dave, it wasn't me who started with wiseass remarks Mr.
Idothatforliving. I don't do that for living and yet i know that there
are people out there stuck with dynamic IPs who aren't spamming or doing
anything else to deserve their (inherited) IP ending upon a blacklist
(or suffer the consequences thereof).

> my experience, I firmly believe that, if one is serious about
> *participating* in the Internet (rather than just GIMME GIMME GIMME
> that most people seem to do these days), static addressing is a
> requirement.

I'm am "serious" exactly as much as my budget allows it Dave - not all
of us were born with a silver spoon in our mouth and have the
convenience of choosing between multiple ISPs. And i'm also sick and
tired of pointless "suggestions" like yours Dave; if you're unfamiliar
with the situation  - which you clearly are - you mise well keep your
wisdom for yourself and stick to stuff where you *can* help. "the Right
Thing would be to dump the crappy ISP and give the business to one who
will give you static addresses" is a mighty fine opinion but
unfortunately of very little use to somebody who can't choose between
multiple ISPs, for any reason; there are millions of Internet users out
there who don't have this luxury.

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!