Subject: Invitation to a new project
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Gabucino <gabucino@zsebivax.linsze.hu>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/03/2004 19:59:05
A few days ago I was wondering how scattered the LCG framebuffer driver
development was, so I asked Blaz Antonic (the driver's creator) what would
be his opinion about a separate OS-independent CVS tree, focused on
development. We agreed that there is a need for a common development area,
where every interested VAX developers could join, and begin enhancing or
creating code.

The idea is to provide a website with all the resources any of us comes
across that could be beneficial to other developers (involved with other
OS). This has been going on via private e-mails in an uncoordinated manner
so far, but from now on we can get everything under the same roof. No need
for people to reinvent the wheel every few months or to wonder where to
find certain piece of information.

So I've set up a development environment (http, mailing lists, cvs, cvslog,
cvsweb), and we're sending out this invitation to interested forums.

Our intention is to actually get some work done; make sure you read the
mailing list rules and follow them. Other developers who actually did
some work to get a certain piece of hardware supported will be able to
share their experience with others without reiterating things over and
over again to different people.

Currently the focus is on the LCG framebuffer driver (my driver for OpenBSD
is in CVS here, with some other compilation fixes and sync-ed drivers from
NetBSD). After this is finished (probably several months until X support:) I
hope the vs4kaud driver will be the next.. who knows.

Please see the details on http://vax.linsze.hu !

P.s.: tech@openbsd.org gets Cc:-ed because vax@openbsd.org is dead silent.

--
Bérczi Gábor    and    Blaz Antonic