Subject: Re: Vaxstation RAM, pointers needed
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/01/2004 15:18:53
Hello,

> Well, IIRC, the problem you're going to have will be that the SIMMs you
> get won't fit.  I'm pretty sure the modules in the vaxstation are *not*
> 72pin simms, but a non-standard (outside of DEC) size.  And taking
> hacksaws and superglue to SIMMs tends to not leave them in a functional
> state. ; )

I finally bothered to count the pins ... 80 of them on MS44 modules (i
counted 76 on regular parity SIMMs), sigh, so much for the neato plan.
Apart from pin count i doubt there's any real difference so this is juts
a really neat way to get people to pay $200+ a module instead of $20 for
4. I'm off searching for "compatibles" :-)

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!