Subject: Re: Vaxstation RAM, pointers needed
To: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
From: Patrick Finnegan <pat@computer-refuge.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/01/2004 08:34:54
On Thursday 01 July 2004 14:16, you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been searching for MS44-DC (4x 16 MB parity SIMM @ 100 ns
> according to the manual) and all the junk resellers want a small
<snip>

> Anyway, i was wondering what would happen if i was to use newer (=
> cheaper) parity SIMMs of different capacity instead ? Say 4x 32 MB
> kingston @ 60 or 70 ns ? I mean, i know halt of them will be unused

Well, IIRC, the problem you're going to have will be that the SIMMs you
get won't fit.  I'm pretty sure the modules in the vaxstation are *not*
72pin simms, but a non-standard (outside of DEC) size.  And taking
hacksaws and superglue to SIMMs tends to not leave them in a functional
state. ; )

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/