Subject: RE: GCC wants to declare us obsolete!
To: 'Henry R. Bent' <hbent@cs.oberlin.edu>
From: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/21/2004 16:39:12
Hello (again) from Gregg C Levine
Oh my.........=20
Henry, it happens that I remember a discussion with the lead
maintainer for GCC for one of the branches, I think it was the move
towards the version 3 series. He was convinced that to drop the VAX
series of ports was appropriate. I agree that it is indeed a Bad
Thing. I have not gotten any messages from the GCC list on this, so
your message came as a surprise. And I know I am subscribed to that
same list. I am going to post a message to it, today, and remind them
that there is a need for the VAX- entries in the GCC collection, and
that a free simulator does exist.

Also what's the status of moving towards to ELF for VAX? The last I
had heard it was expected for this release. I can't recall if the
current release number is ELF, or the other format.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."=A0 Obi-Wan Kenobi

On