Subject: Allocating physical memory in kernel
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/08/2004 17:54:14
Hello,

How does one allocate a block of memory of given size, say 64 KB, like
malloc(), except that i want this block to be (A) aligned to 64 KB
boundary in memory space, (B) be a contiguous block of physical memory
and (C) i need to know its physical address rather than virtual address.

There are some other *alloc() functions i noticed but no docs describing
them so i was wondering if anybody knows how to get that block allocated
as described above - please let me know ASAP, i'm stuck with my LCG FIFO
code (i overflow FIFO in short-circuit mode so i need to operate with
real FIFO and this requires said block of memory).

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!