Subject: Re: Serial port
To: Mtituh Alu-mbwage <mtituh@yahoo.com>
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/22/2004 10:32:04
--IaUZxh88POJYDtkv

On Thu, 2004-04-22 09:21:47 +0100, Mtituh Alu-mbwage <mtituh@yahoo.com>
wrote in message <20040422082147.25879.qmail@web10603.mail.yahoo.com>:
> I have a Linux SuSe

Erm...

This is a NetBSD mailing list, not Linux.

This is a VAX mailing list; I don't think SuSE already ships a VAX
version (though, I'd like to see their toolchain to start a full Debian
port:)

> How do I set up serial port parameters like : baud
> rate, stop bit, parity,

The application that uses the serial port has to do that:

1. Save old configuration (tcgetatts(3))
2. Set new settings (tcsetattr(3))
3. Do your work (use select(2) to avoid polling)
4. Restore old settings (tcsetattr(3))

You can read about how to actually do that (with code examples) in the
Serial Programming Howto at the Linux Documentation Project,
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Serial-Programming-HOWTO/ .  Of course, the
things described there should also work on NetBSD :)

MfG, JBG

--=20
    fuer einen Freien Staat voll Freier B=FCrger" | im Internet! |   im Ira=
k!
   ret =3D do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(NEW_COPYRIGHT_LAW | DRM | TC=
PA));

--IaUZxh88POJYDtkv

--IaUZxh88POJYDtkv--