Subject: VAXstation 3100m30
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Ogden <ogdenk@expressautoservice.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/15/2004 14:24:31
This is a little off-topic....  I have 2 VAXstation 3100m30's.  One is
running NetBSD.  I was wondering if it's still possible to buy a copy of
Ultrix for the other one or if there is some kind of "hobbyist license"
or something.

What versions of Ultrix that will run on this crate that are bootable
from a SCSI CD-ROM?  I don't have a TK-50, just dual SCSI busses and
only one is usable since I don't have another funky 100-pin internal
cable, just an external cable and the one internal cable with an
internal terminated 1gig SCSI drive.  The box has 16 megs of RAM,
internal mono video (unused), a 1gig internal Micropolis drive (sounds
like a jet engine) and a Fujitsu full-height 650meg coffee warmer
external drive.

I just kinda wanted to run a more "old-school" version of UNIX on this
box for some nostalgia.  I even have an amber-screen real DEC VT220
sitting on it.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Kevin D. Ogden