Subject: Re: LCG acceleration possible afterall ?
To: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
From: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/07/2004 10:29:33
On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Blaz Antonic wrote:

> [...]
>
> These look awfully like X server boolean operations. As a matter of fact
> p3 is X server boolean function func's anticipated result if p1 =
> source2 and p2 = source1 for the operation, fitting the description in
> ALL 15 cases (operation $10, dest = NOT source2 is missing in tests, not
> sure why). By the way, the operation is performed on an array of 0x30
> sequental bytes, not a single byte and so is the check of results.
>
> [...]

I might be remembering this incorrectly, but I believe DEC's VXT2000
(or maybe the VXT2000+) was an X-terminal product that shared some
technology with the VAXstation 4000/VLC.  If they both use the LCG for
graphics, I'd not be too surprised if the hardware was designed with
support for Xwindows in mind.

It might be worthwhile to get your hands on a copies of the network boot
and firmware images for the VXT2000.

-brian.