Subject: Re: Again CD install problem on mv3100
To: franco.tassone@inwind.it <franco.tassone@inwind.it>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/25/2004 19:57:05
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:54:26 +0100
"franco.tassone@inwind.it" <franco.tassone@inwind.it> wrote:

> I've downloaded the multi-platform cd2 of 1.6.2 disctribution to
> perform an upgrade of netbsd 1.6.2 on my mvax31oo currently running
> netbsd 1.6.
>=20
> The CD boots normally, the kernel starts and all the machine hardware
> is detected...
You can update the living system:
mv /netbsd /netbsd-1.6
untar 1.6.2 kernel to /netbsd
reboot to single user mode
untar all distribution sets, but _not_ etc.tgz
reboot to multiuser
update done.

But wasn't there a report that ld.elf_so is broken in 1.6.2?
[searching archive]
OK. ld.elf_so is broken in 1.6.2! So make a backup copy of
/usr/libexec/ld.elf_so before untaring the base.tgz distribution set and
copy it back to /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so when base.tgz is extracted.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen