Subject: Re: Support for >4 gigs broken
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/16/2004 17:59:50
> > This has been an ongoing problem with the VAX port for sometime now.
> > The problem shows up on a wide assortment of my SCSI VAXen with any
> > number of larger than 4GB SCSI drives I've tried.  IIRC, this has been
> > broken since at least 1.6.  Support for >4GB filesystems used to work
> > fine.
>
> Does this happen with all kind of SCSI controllers, or just one or two ?

Other people have reported observing this problem with other model VAX,
but I do not know of anyone reporting having tested large slices on other
controllers besides the VAXstation built-in ones.

I doubt it'd be the controller code; access to the individual slice appear
to be wrapping around or something which ends up causing corruption, but
other slices on the same drive are not affected. Large drives with smaller
slices have zero problems, too.

John Klos