Subject: Re: -current not working.
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/06/2004 12:12:03
At 08:33 AM 3/6/2004, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>-current seems to be broken right now.
>I installed it yesterday, and everything just dumps core.
>/rescue works, though (thank god), so I was able to step back to a
>snapshot from the middle of last year.
>
>Anyone know what have happened? Almost smells like dynamic libraries...

I noticed that as well.  I don't think anything has done in recently that
would have caused that to happen.

However, I am running a snapshot built with GCC 3.3.3 but without shared
libraries.  It mostly works.  Some things fail like gdb and sshd but it's
almost usable.

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/