Subject: Re: LCG & 4k m60/VLC keyboard issues
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/03/2004 12:44:58
On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Blaz Antonic wrote:

> all occurences of SMG with LCG in it). If anybody has the chance to try
> it out (and the nerves to flip S3 dip switch all the time; that means
> carwling under my desk in my case :-))) please let me know if you get
> kernel output on glass tty (/dev/ttyw0 = /dev/console) afterwards.

  Changing S3 also appears to require a power cycle (at least on my VLC)
to take effect for the ROM console.  The change is reflected in the config
register, but apparentlly the ROM only checks that on power up.

> I wonder how to switch virtual consoles ... i think i have 8 set up, i'd
> like to access all 8 :-)

  Try entering the Do key followed by F[12345678].

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant