Subject: Re: vs4k60 font
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/16/2004 10:20:08
Hello,

> As you may recall, Blaz Antonic posted here recently about having found
> the ROM font on a vs4k model 60.

Credits should go where credits are due - it was you who found the font
mappings :)

The thing is, the fonts appear to be located at different offset in ROM
and in different format on VLC :-( So much for use of in-ROM fonts.

I'd appreciate if anybody with VS4k model 60 could send me the output of

>> e/w/u/p/n:125 0x2005cb20

And anybody with VLC would make a dump of his ROM for me (i can send you
a script that does that via serial console link a friend of ours from
Linux/Vax put together) or alternatively the output of

>>> e/q/u/p/n:1535 0x2005cb00

(if console code for some reason stops dump inbetween just add the
offset where it stopped to base address and decrease the count
appropriately - n = number of quadword elements for more compact
output).

In either case please also add the output of

>>> e/l/u/p/n:9 0x20040084

so i can see whether it's at least the pointer to the font table that is
fixed in all ROM versions (this would be logical since following code -
entry points ofor console routines - appear to be in fixed location all
the time on Vaxstations).

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!