Subject: vs4k60 font
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/15/2004 20:33:36
As you may recall, Blaz Antonic posted here recently about having found
the ROM font on a vs4k model 60.  I've extracted the font and converted
it to BDF format, so you can now have a VAXstation-feeling font for
those warm retro fuzzies. :)

I have two fonts, actually.  The first one is the font as found in the
ROM; the second is the same thing after I touched it up.  The font in
the ROM is an almost-8859-1 font; it looks as though it is based on an
old draft of 8859-1 or some such.  I moved a few characters around and
created some missing characters to make it fully 8859-1; I also added
some of the most useful of the VT100 graphics characters in the low 32
codes (which 8859-1 doesn't provide glyphs for).

The results are BDF files, for maximal portability.  (You may want to
convert them to SNF if you use them heavily.)  They're up for anonymous
ftp from ftp.rodents.montreal.qc.ca in /mouse/X/fonts/ under the names
vs4k60-orig.bdf and vs4k60-8859-1.bdf.

Go stick your head in a pig!  [%]

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign

[%] See the Complaints Department spaceport on Eadrax.