Subject: Re: VS 4k 7930 audio progress report
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/15/2004 19:51:25
> Could somebody (ragge ?) please take few moments and describe how to:
> [A] set up a software interrupt kernel for NetBSD/VAX (HW handler is
> allocated via vecalloc) and [B] how to invoke a software interrupt on
> Vax (there is no equivalent of INT instruction on x86 in Vax
> instruction set it seems, yet there are 255 or so vectors avaliable
> so there must be some way to invoke handlers for non-hardware
> interrupts).

Well, I can't speak to [A], but as for [B], what you want is an MTPR to
IPR #20 (PR_SIRR).  What the software interface to that is is another
story.  There is a relatively MI interface to a few software
interrupts; see the setsoftnet() and setsoftclock() defines.  Where
they are seems to vary depending on port and version; grep in your
arch/$ARCH/include directory to find them.  (The VAX seems to keep them
in cpu.h or intr.h depending on version.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign