Subject: Re: VS 4k 7930 audio progress report
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/15/2004 22:57:34
Hello,

Lads, i'm off for today, bug hunting starts tomorrow now that this thing
finally compiles and executes as expected. Could somebody (ragge ?)
please take few moments and describe how to: [A] set up a software
interrupt kernel for NetBSD/VAX (HW handler is allocated via vecalloc)
and [B] how to invoke a software interrupt on Vax (there is no
equivalent of INT instruction on x86 in Vax instruction set it seems,
yet there are 255 or so vectors avaliable so there must be some way to
invoke handlers for non-hardware interrupts). A working example of both
would be nice :-)

anders:~>  audioctl -a
name=am7930
version=x
config=vs4kaud
encodings=mulaw:8
properties=full_duplex
full_duplex=0
fullduplex=0
blocksize=400
hiwat=163
lowat=1
monitor_gain=0
mode=
play.rate=8000
play.channels=1
play.precision=8
play.encoding=mulaw
play.gain=128
play.balance=32
play.port=0x1
play.avail_ports=0x3
play.seek=65200
play.samples=0
play.eof=0
play.pause=0
play.error=0
play.waiting=0
play.open=0
play.active=0
play.buffer_size=65536
record.rate=8000
record.channels=1
record.precision=8
record.encoding=mulaw
record.gain=128
record.balance=32
record.port=0x1
record.avail_ports=0x1
record.seek=0
record.samples=0
record.eof=0
record.pause=0
record.error=0
record.waiting=0
record.open=0
record.active=0
record.buffer_size=65536
record.errors=0
anders:~>

I dn't get any audio output after doing cat file.au > /dev/audio, as a
matter of fact it blocks the terminal and ^C doesn't break from cat :-)
Looks like somebody messed up his interrupt routine a bit, judging by a
quick look at debugging output.

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!