Subject: RL device driver
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Finnegan <pat@computer-refuge.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/08/2004 12:51:06
It looks like there's some problems with the NetBSD/VAX driver for RL
controllers... trying to use it with my RLV12 and RL02 drive, it appears
to get back 'bad data', like it's not doing the DMA correctly.  Has anyone
else run into this?

I know the controller is good because I was able to properly read the
packs in under VMS, and the driver can talk to the board at least
somewhat, because it gave me CRC errors on bad sectors on the disk (which
are in the right locations).  However, the data copied into a file from it
using dd looked to be some random buffer location that wasn't being
overwritten by the controller.

I'll try to take a look at the sources this week if I get a chance, but
I've never played with the source for NetBSD at all, so I figure someone
else might have a better clue about what's wrong than I do.

For reference, I'm using NetBSD v1.5.2 (I'm figuring that the driver
hasn't been worked on in awhile, but can try using a newer version if
someone thinks that'll help) on a VAXstation 3200 (KA650) with 16MB of
RAM, a DELQA ethernet controller, MSCP 3rd-party disk controller, and the
RLV12 (along with the VCB02 that I'm not using but is installed).

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS
Information Technology at Purdue