Subject: Re: Vaxstation 4000/60 LCG and keyboard, progress report & help
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/27/2004 16:38:22
Hello,

> > I'm still trying to catch up with amazing number of repleis i got ...
> > not. One person asked for source so they could try it out on their VLC
> > and that's it. Either nobody has LCG-based graphcis Vaxstation (4000 VLC
> > or m60) or they don't give poo about it.
>
> Or possibly those people with VS4000/60 and VLC systems don't have
> displays or display cables to use with their VAXen.  I'd certainly
> be interested in trying it out on my VLC if I had a display.

Could be, but then again any PeeCee multisync monitor with BNC inputs
capable of working at 1280x1024  at 60 Hz (which is not much, my 8-9
years old monitor can do it) and supporting sync on green (i got this
feeling most multisync monitors with BNC inputs do support SoG) will
work just fine.  Thanks to Anders (who also provided the cable that fits
4000/60 on one end and has 3x BNC on the other end) that is :)

It's pretty much a matter of fining suitable cable i suppose. One could
be soldiered together quickly if you can get the video connenctor plug
(which can be purchased online), use any VGA-BNC cable (which can be
purchased in any computer store) for the other end. I wonder if any
modern monitors support sync on green on their HD15 VGA connector too

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!