Subject: Re: Found DEC branded AU, need specs
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/18/2004 23:09:27
>> All the thicker AUI cables I remember working with were blue, all
>> the thinner ones were a cream colour (slightly lighter than the
>> typical thinwire colour).
> I've played with thick aui cables that were blue, grey, white and I
> believe black...

I'm fairly sure I once saw one that was orange, too.

> The thin aui cables have all been grey, or perhaps you could say
> cream.  They've all been for DEUNA/DELUA or DEQNA/DELQA though, from
> the card to the external aui connector.

I have a bunch of thin AUI cables which mostly came from Suns, and they
come in two colours.  One is a light grey, about the colour of your
typical off-white plastic computer case (like one of the lunchbox-size
Suns, say, an IPX or a Classic, or since this is port-vax rather than
port-sparc, about the colour of the flat top metal surface of a
table-on-wheels BA123 or the paint on a DESTA I have handy).  The other
is a darker grey, pretty close to the colour of the front plastic
snap-on cover to a BA123, or the painted metal piece where the disk
lights and switches mount, behind the door at the lower left front.
The original Sun cables are all the light colour; the darker ones are
marked, on the wire's jacket,

HELIX G0901-1 78 OHM MINI-TRANSCEIVER 6/C 28 AWG & 3/C 24 AWG TYLE CL2 (UL) 75°C OR AWM 2919 LOW VOLTAGE COMPUTER CABLE

for what that may be worth.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign