Subject: Re: What qbus scsi tape controller do I need for Cipher decks?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.club.cc.cmu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/14/2004 12:17:37
are the tapes becoming unreadable or is the drive filling with crud?
as time goes on, i suspect that the tapes leave more of their surface
behind as they pass through the transport.. the last time i dealt with
tk50s in any reasonably numbers was almost 2 years ago, but i found i had
to clean the drive after every tape if i wanted reliable performance.
Isildur