Subject: Re: What qbus scsi tape controller do I need for Cipher decks?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.club.cc.cmu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/14/2004 12:20:28
you want a tape-only qbus-scsi controller? i got one in pittsburgh
gathering dust.
i am terribly slow at sending things out to people though... some of you
(i apologize!) are still waiting for various bits of hardware (i havent
forgotten!)
all in all, though, tape just sucks. properly stored, they have decent
shelf life, and store more bits per cubic foot than anything else.. but
the closer they get to a tape drive, the less reliable they tend to be :-)

Isildur