Subject: Re: What qbus scsi tape controller do I need for Cipher decks?
To: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/12/2004 01:36:50
On Jan 12, 2004, at 1:33 AM, Robertdkeys@aol.com wrote:
> I was looking around and it appears the Cipher decks are the
> same thing as the DEC TZ07 decks, and use the KZQSA
> controller.  So, that is what I think I need.  You haven't
> seen any spare of those controllers floating about, have you?

   I believe I have one here; not sure if I want to turn loose of it
though.

   I have a metric buttload of formatted-interface 9-track tape
controllers for Qbus...do you have access to one of the old standbys
like a Cipher F880?  Saying "Qbus" and "SCSI" in the same breath means
rare and expensive.

         -Dave