Subject: What qbus scsi tape controller do I need for Cipher decks?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/12/2004 00:16:43
It seems that the last of my tk50 tapes are going belly up,
and becoming unreadable.  I would like to find some way
to hook up Cipher 9 track scsi tape decks to my MVIII.
They are infinitely more reliable that the tk50 drives.
I am using a couple of scsi mscp HD controllers, so the
thoughty occurred to me to try to find a way to bring up
the Cipher decks on the ol' qbus critter, if that is doable.
Yeah, I know, that is overkill, but, I have the decks and
the tapes, but I need to find a proper qbus controller for
them.  What qbus controller do I need, and where might
I find one that won't break the piggy bank, too much?
I want to find one that is known to work well with NetBSD
and maybe also Ultrix.

Any pointers thereto are greatly appreciated.

Also, are there any new manufacture TK50 tapes
available.  I am beginning not to want to trust old
ones that have been sitting on the shelf for years
and years.

Thanks,

R.D. Keys