Subject: Re: Install problems on 4000/90
To: None <dan_williams@ntlworld.com>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/01/2004 00:49:39
> I am having problems installing netbsd 1.6.1 on a 4000/90. I am getti=
ng =

> a segmentation fault at random times on installation.

Is this the sysinst program which crashes?  It might be a good idea to
try to install the latest release candidate of 1.6.2 -- 1.6.2_RC3.  It
should be available for ftp from releng.netbsd.org.  I think/hope some
fixes for bugs in the sysinst program has gone into that release.

Besides, we're looking for testers of the release as well ;-), so pleas=
report back here if there's any failure or success from that attempt.

Regards,

- H=E5vard