Subject: Re: netbooting VAX 4105A
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Christer O. Andersson <christer@a-son.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/30/2003 21:30:18
On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 03:58:45PM -0800, Chuck McManis wrote:
> At 03:52 PM 12/28/2003, Christer O. Andersson wrote:
> >Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
>
> Seems like the booter doesn't know about your network interface.
> --Chuck

Well it seems to me as it should support my network device, I believe
sys/arch/vax/boot/boot/if_ze.c supports SGEC interfaces, which I think
my eza0 is.

What are all the files in usr/mdec/netboot? 'file' reports them as data.
Are they strategies? I think SGEC uses nostrategy, which sounds like
I don't need one. Can a strategy be used with netboot? How does it get
loaded?

Is the file usr/mdec/netboot/boot the result from the files in
sys/arch/vax/boot/boot/? I am not familiar enough with NetBSD build
procedures to tell.

I would really appreciate if someone would be kind enough to help me
get this machine up and running.

Thanks,
Christer

--