Subject: VAX 7000 single-phase success!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/13/2003 00:55:06
   I am too tired to type up the exact details right now, but..

   As of a few minutes ago, I am successfully running a VAX 7000 on
single-phase 120VAC power.  It's a mid-sized config, and it's only
pulling about four amps (no disks yet).

   The modification is even easier than for the VAX 6000.  ANYONE can do
this...it is trivial.

   I count this as a major victory, and I am VERY happy!

   Thanks to Bob Keys for some hints that led me down the right path.

         -Dave