Subject: Re: New (unofficial) NetBSD/vax snapshot available
To: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
From: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/11/2003 13:21:48
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, M J Dowden wrote:
> At 11:53 AM -0500 12/11/2003, Brian Chase wrote:
>
> > This is a cross-compiled snapshot of -current from the 9th of December.
> > The files are organized as a proper release.
>
>      Does ppp work in this new build?

Not unless someone else has already tested it.  This build is basically
an "it compiles and seems to boot on a few machines" release of -current.
It's definitely intended for production use.

However, I can't see any reason why PPP support /shouldn't/ be gotten
working by the time -current becomes the 2.0 release.  The more people
we can get looking at and reporting what's presently broken, the more
likely it'll get fixed.  A significant motivation behind making these
builds available is to get people to find what's broken sooner.

Having said that, has there been much discussion on port-vax about PPP
not working in the 1.6 releases?  I really can't imagine this being too
hard to get working, at least on some of the more robust VAX serial mux
devices.

-brian.