Subject: Re: First attempt at a VAX -current build
To: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/09/2003 09:52:08
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:31:43 -0500 (EST)
Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org> wrote:

> As I mentioned yesterday, here are the results of my recent -current
> compiles for the VAX.  These aren't being offered in the standard form
> of a release because that part of the build process in current is
> still broken.=20
There is an option that you can give to checkflist so that it doesn't
fail if the file list doesn't match the files in $DESTDIR. That way you
can sitll create distribution file sets. I used that some time ago to
nail a hp700 snapshot together.

> [8] Write the new bootblocks to your disk with
>     'disklabel -B -b /usr/mdec/sdboot sd1'
Isn't "disklabel -B" depreciated in favor of installbaoot?

BTW: Has someone checked the 4 GB partition size bug recently?
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen