Subject: Re: Building current...
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/07/2003 03:02:57
> Confirm what?  That the VAX-port isn't built natively regularly?
> That I can confirm.  I usually do builds of -current now and again
> (on the 8650), and hits snags that the core group don't notice.

This is what I was afraid of when the cross-build stuff went in, that
NetBSD would end up shipping code with bugs that went unnoticed because
they didn't show up in a cross build.

I'm not sure whether I'd rather have that than nothing.  Perhaps if the
cross-built stuff were unmistakably marked as cross-built, so that
people are forewarned....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign