Subject: Re: gcc 2.95.3 problem
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/02/2003 22:04:51
On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, John Klos wrote:

> I've suspected for a little while at least that there might be a problem
> with some of the code generated by gcc. Recently there was a discussion
> about a fix in gcc in current, but there was very little detail; I don't
> know if that problem was also a problem in the older gcc, or if so,
> whether it was pulled up.
>
> Does anyone have any details about this?

Yes, there are some problems in gcc's code generation.
The only fix I know of, recently, addressed another gcc problem on the
vax.
So I assume the code generated can sometimes still be buggy.
It appears to be when optimizing, by the way. The cases I know of have all
been helped if you turn off optimization and compile them.

	Johnny