Subject: wscons & LCG & NetBSD/VAX
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <NOSPAM_blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/15/2003 09:12:07
Hello,

I now have what should be working LCG driver (for 4000/60), at least
working as much as LCSPX or SMG one (fixed font setting, no palette
changing). My unfamiliarity with wscons system on *BSD and
i386-centricness of FAQs on this subject prevents me from getting it to
do any useful output :-(

If anybody ever had 3100's SMG working please let mw know what i have to
do to get it working, other than having driver compiled into kernel and
/dev/ttyEcfg & /dev/ttyEX nodes creeated, using part of script stolen
from what appears to be i386 version of NetBSD ... with some node
numbers different than those of NetBSD/VAX. Now i get Operation not
supported or something liek that when wscons tries to initialize near
the end of boot-up process.

On a related note: apparently -current uses different (newer) functions
for some things, such as getting device major number and so on and i
have 1.6 source tree. I'll have to update driver slightly to fit into
new source tree but i can't do that until i know i have it working for
sure.

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!