Subject: Re: Sendmail 8.12.10 problems on VAX
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <netbsd@bitparts.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/03/2003 22:45:55
Johnny Billquist wrote:
> sendmail have not worked on the vax for some time now.
> I seem to remember bringing it up this spring, but no solution was
> found. I switched to postfix to solve it.
> I'd love to get back to sendmail though. postfix is way too slow for my
> taste.

I beg to disagree. I've got pkgsrc-sendmail 8.12.10 (compiled with
USE_SASL=YES, 1.5.27nb4, compiled just after pkgsrc-sendmail was updated
to 8.12.10 - dated Sep 24) working on a VS4000/60 running 1.6.1. No
problems whatsoever. The kernel was last updated to 1_6_release in May -
with a stock 1.6.1 userland. Works like a charm, no auth (using
relay_local_from) or cram-md5, with a couple of dnsrbl entries.

Am I alone here?

-Buckaroo