Subject: Re: Sendmail 8.12.10 problems on VAX
To: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/03/2003 22:58:00
On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 ragge@ludd.luth.se wrote:

> > Basically, it runs as a daemon and delivers local mail, but has a problem
> > relaying mail. Since the machine is the backup MX for a number of domains,
> > it gets a fair bit of email once in a while which ends up sitting in the
> > queue. When I try to manually run the queue (sendmail -v -q), I see the
> > first of many emails begin to be delivered, but then it segfaults. But I
> > don't see a core.
> >
> Are you sure that you don't get any core somewhere?  Doesn't sendmail
> chroot to some non-obvious place? Is user mail allowed to write a core
> file in its directory?  Can you turn on any debug flags?
>
> Just a chance,

sendmail have not worked on the vax for some time now.
I seem to remember bringing it up this spring, but no solution was
found. I switched to postfix to solve it.
I'd love to get back to sendmail though. postfix is way too slow for my
taste.

I don't think I got a core dump from sendmail when running as a daemon,
but I think I did manage to get a core dump by feeding it a mail to
deliver from the command line.

	Johnny