Subject: Re: Building cross-compiler on non-NetBSD system ?
To: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/26/2003 10:38:02
On 2003.10.26 08:52 Blaz Antonic wrote:

> > You should also note that building a LP32
> > target on a LP64 host most likely will trigger funky GCC bugs.
> So much for funky idea - it would probably reduce build times by 50%
> or so, judging by raw CPU power
Sure, but be prepared for a disappointment when crossing the LP63 /
LP32 border.
> > > ./build.sh -m vax -t
> > -t???
> Toolchain only.
Ahh, maybe this option has changed from 1.6 to -current.

> I don't need anything else, i just want toolchain
> compiled for Linux/x86 that will output NetBSD/Vax binaries :-)
This schould work. I think i386 is well tested as X compile host. ;-)

> Brag brag brag :-) Oh boy, i can't even decide what i want more -
> a NVAX type of machine
Well, I have two VS4k90 and a MicroVAX 3100m95. Thats 91 MHz (?) of
NVAX power.
> or that darn DWCTX-BX :)
DWCTX-BX?
--