Subject: RE: DECserver 90TL
To: 'Charles H. Dickman' <chd_1@nktelco.net>
From: Antonio Carlini <arcarlini@iee.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/19/2003 09:36:40
> Thanks to a few kind souls, I now have MNENG1.SYS and the DECserver
> works fine. (Its power supply unfortunately doesn't, but I
> resolved that
> problem also.)

It probably wasn't your problem, but its worth pointing out that there
are multiple power supply units that will operate the various HUB 90
modules in standalone mode, and they are not all equivalent. I've
mistakenly used the wrong PSU with some of the modules and usually
it just refuses to power up (I don't recall ever damaging one).

There used to be a document on the dnpg web site that explained
exactly what worked with what, but I don't recall exactly where
that is (and their legacy section is still down so I cannot
hunt for it).

Antonio

--

Antonio Carlini             arcarlini@iee.org