Subject: Can someone give a recount of VAX11/780 boot behavior?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/18/2003 21:43:07
Hi, I think I have my UNIBUS under control now. The UDA50 is
now alone on the bus with only a fresh terminator and all
appropriate grant cards. On BOOT DUA, the 8/9 blink comes on,
the RA90 port-A light turns on and things look normal for a
while. But then the RUN light on the VAX goes off and
after a while the UDA50 shows a solid 9 and the port-A light
will go off on the disk. Then nothing happens any more ...
for a minute or so.

Now, it could be that I am just too impatient. Could someone
give an account of the VAX11/780's boot behavior? With approximate
times? I know in the VAX6000 it the lights go off too for
some time after the boot block was read from disk, but then
comes back on. With the 11/780 I figure it could take a
few times as long as with the 6000, but a minute? I guess I'd
need to write my own boot block to make something happen
on the console to see if at least something works...

thanks,
-Gunther