Subject: Re: VS3100 1.6.1 Q's
To: None <PORT-VAX@NETBSD.ORG>
From: Roger Ivie <IVIE@cc.usu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/05/2003 11:32:56
> > Another really stupid question, upon boot I noticed it said a had a
> > 4-line DZ11 (well a flaky workalike anyway).  I see 2 MMJ jacks, are
> > the other 2 lines for the keyboard and mouse I'll probably never get?
>
> Yes. Two lines are needed for keyboard and mouse. I don't know if you
> can make them usable as normal serial ports. I have seen a litle box
> for the VS2000 to convert the keyboard and mouse ports to terminal
> ports, but never heared of somthing like this for a VS3100. (This box
> and changeing a jumper maks a MV2000 out of a VS2000.)

Yes, you can. I've done it on a 2000, a 3100, a 4000/60, and a 4000/90.
The hard part is finding the pinout of the appropriate connectors. The
2000 and 3100 use the same pinout. The 4000/60 and /90 use the same pinout,
but their pinout differs from that of the 2000 and 3100. Unfortunately, all
of my stuff is in boxes, so I don't have access to the pinouts at the
moment.
--
Roger Ivie
ivie@cc.usu.edu