Subject: RE: VS4000 firmware upgrade from disk?
To: Christian Johansson <Christian.Johansson@isd.se>
From: Braamse, Joop <joop.braamse@hp.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/03/2003 15:34:05
Chris,

I have not tried it. In case you want to know how it is done:

Create a top level directory on the disk. CREATE/DIR DKA100:[FIRMWARE]=20
Copy the firmware update savesets to the directory. $ COPY =
<filename>:[FIRMWARE]*.*=20
On the client system, enter this command at the console prompt: b/100 =
dka100.=20
The system then prompts you for the name of the file.  Bootfile: =
[firmware]bl9.sys=20

This is,off course, a VMS way. I fail to see why it wouldn't work with =
unix.

Joop