Subject: RE: MicroVAX 3100-30 background info
To: 'bart' <b.sikkes@student.utwente.nl>
From: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/26/2003 11:35:01
Hello from Gregg C Levine
From what I recall being told by a friendly DEC sales 'droid at a
UNIXEXPO show, about ten years ago, that particular box, and its
relatives were originally setup as development stations, same for the
VAX in a PC sized case, that most of you have. I can't recall the
model name, except that might be one of them. The idea was that the
programmer would build his programs on that fellow, and then once it
was debugged, upload it onto the appropriate big guy. Such as the
model that Ragge is discussing with a fellow now. Why? What's it
running now? It might be a version of VMS, or even BSD, since I do
recall that was a favorite operating system of them.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."=A0 Obi-Wan Kenobi

On