Subject: Re: Problems with current (1.6X) on vax?
To: None <mkb@mukappabeta.de, port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/03/2003 11:43:22
Emulators are a thought... and I now and then will run a V5/6/7
in one.  But, they just don't have the same lookie-feelie-smellie
of a real VAX.  They do beat a 0.9 vup box in the 100 meter teTeX
compile time trials.....(:+}}...  But, from any sort of practical use
considerations, I am beginning to feel like NetBSD just is getting
too slow for any VAX of less than 5 vup and 32mb minimally.  But,
VAXing is not about speed, it is more about the lookie-feelie-smellie
cult kind of thing......(:+}}...

For pennance, I will drag out an MVII boardset and run a system
compile in a 9mb box.....(:+}}...

Bob Keys